Attend live or watch the replay!
Do you regularly help people who have had Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) or a history of trauma?
Almost two thirds of people have had one or more ACE which can impact their present day mental health and functioning.
If you regularly help people who have experienced trauma, this workshop series will teach you a framework for trauma-informed practice. You will learn specific strategies to help your clients mitigate the impact of trauma and manage symptoms of anxiety and depression. This workshop series will end with a section on strategies for trauma-informed practice for video or phone sessions.
In this workshop series, you will learn:
- Types of trauma and how it may impact your client's health and functioning (including collective trauma occurring from Covid-19)
- A framework for providing trauma-informed care
- How to recognize PTSD, Anxiety or Depression and what types of treatments can help
- Specific trauma-informed strategies you can teach clients to help manage symptoms of anxiety and depression (includes downloadable handouts and audio practices to use with clients)
- Strategies for trauma-informed practice via online or telephone sessions
Date: May 25, 26 and 27 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Mountain Time
Pass a quiz to receive your certificate of attendance for 7.5 hours of continuing education.
Each session is recorded and the replay is available within 24 hours. You'll have access to the replay, slides, workbook, resources, quiz + certificate for 60 days.
- live online workshop and access to the replay for 60 days.
- slides, workbook, quiz + certificate
- downloadable handouts and audios to use with clients
If you would like to provide this training for your staff please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is taught by Charlene Richard, B.S.W, M.S.W., RSW who is a social worker in clinical practice and an instructor with the University of Calgary, Faculty of Social Work. Charlene has worked as a Subject Matter Expert on Trauma-Informed Practice and has delivered trauma-informed training internationally. She is the founder of Caring Safely® and the author of 20 Quick Strategies to Help Patients and Clients Manage Stress.
Click Here for FAQ